New Mexico Taxation and Revenue Department – Withholding Tax
New Mexico Department of Workforce Solutions – Unemployment tax
Add to existing company setup
Submit a request to your service team to add NM (withholding) and/or NMSUI (unemployment) to your company setup. Please include the below with your request:
- Withholding – Withholding account number and Deposit Frequency. If you’re unsure of your deposit frequency or account number you can call the agency at 505-827-0700.
- Unemployment – Account Number and Tax rate. This can be found on a Tax Rate Notice or the Quarterly contribution report. If you’re unsure of your tax rate or account number, you can call the agency at 877-664-6984.
- Power of Attorney- POA is required, please obtain the prefilled form from your client service representative.
- Third Party Access – All clients are required to add permissions in order for us to file and pay taxes on your behalf. Please review the Third Party Registration and/or Power of Attorney Instructions
Register a new company
New Mexico Department of Revenue
Employers can register online at https://tap.state.nm.us/tap/_/. Select the Apply for a CRS ID link under the Business section of the page. Follow the prompts to register your business. Once completed you will receive your account number and deposit frequency.
New Mexico Department of Workforce Solutions
Register online at https://www.dws.state.nm.us/Business/Unemployment-Insurance/Unemployment-Insurance-Tax-Information. Select the Employer Login On icon. Then select the Employer Registration at the top left of the page. Follow the prompts to register your business. Once completed you will receive your account number and rate.
Third Party Registration and/or Power of Attorney Instructions
Power of Attorney
Please obtain the prefilled form from your client service representative.
Third Party Access
- Go to: http://www.dws.state.nm.us/Business/UnemploymentInsurance/UnemploymentInsuranceTax
- Log in to your account.
- Select on Account Maintenance.
- Select Third party Administrator (TPA) Authorization.
- Select New.
- Enter the TPA ID that was provided to you by your service representative.
- Enter Start dates
- Check the boxes for the following Roles:
- Account Maintenance Update and Submit
- Payments Update and Submit
- Employment & Wage Detail Update and Submit