Minnesota Department of Revenue – Withholding Tax
Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development – Unemployment tax
Add to existing company setup
Submit a request to your service team to add MN (withholding) and/or MNSUI (unemployment) to your company setup. Please include the below with your request:
- Withholding – Withholding account number and Deposit Frequency. If you’re unsure of your deposit frequency or account number you can call the agency at 651-282-9999. You may also login to your E-Service account to obtain your account number.
- Unemployment – Account Number and Tax rate. This can be found on a Tax Rate Notice or the Quarterly contribution report. If you’re unsure of your tax rate or account number, you can call the agency at 651-296-6141.
- Power of Attorney- POA is required, please obtain the prefilled form from your client service representative.
- Third Party Access – All clients are required to add permissions in order for us to file and pay taxes on your behalf. Please review the Third Party Registration and/or Power of Attorney Instructions
Register a new company
Minnesota Department of Revenue
Employers can register online at https://www.mndor.state.mn.us/tp/webreg/_/. Select Begin the Registration Process at the bottom of the page. Follow the prompts to register your business. Once completed you will receive your account number and deposit frequency.
Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development
Register online at http://www.uimn.org/employers/index.jsp#5. At the bottom of the page in the I Need To section select the Employers option for Register for an Account. Then select the Register link. Detailed instructions can be found at http://www.uimn.org/uimn/employers/help-and-support/employer-user-guide/register-new-account.jsp. Once completed you will receive your account number and rate.
Third Party Registration and/or Power of Attorney Instructions
Power of Attorney
Please obtain the prefilled form from your client service representative.
Third Party Access
- Log in to your account at https://www1.uimn.org/ui_employer/employer/login.do.
- Select Account Maintenance.
- Select Agent Authorization.
- Select on New to start the authorization process.
- On the Assign Agent screen, enter the Agent ID that you obtained from your service representative, then select Next.
- Under ‘Available Roles’, please assign the below roles and Save.
- Tax Payment Update & Submit
- Wage Detail Update and Submit
- Please DO NOT select any other roles besides the ones mentioned above.
- Under ‘Assigned Roles’, select Assign Employer Reporting Units, for each role assigned.
- On the next screen, you must select the reporting unit(s) for each role you’ve assigned. You will have the option to assign all employer reporting units or individual reporting units to each role. After assigning reporting unit(s) to the specific role, click Save.
- Assign All Employer Reporting Units: Under ‘Select Employer Reporting Units’, click the checkbox to assign that role to all reporting units. Doing this will allow the agent access to all of your current and future reporting units. If your employer account has just one reporting unit, choose this option.
- Individual Reporting Unit Authorization: Under ‘Available Employer Reporting Units’, click on the ‘Add’ checkbox of the reporting unit(s) to be assigned.
Any questions regarding the Employer Self-Service System contact UI Customer Service at 651-296-6141 (Press 4 to speak to a representative)