Louisiana Department of Revenue – Withholding Tax
Louisiana Workforce Commission – Unemployment tax
Add to existing company setup
Submit a request to your service team to add LA (withholding) and/or LASUI (unemployment) to your company setup. Please include the below with your request:
- Withholding – Withholding account number and Deposit Frequency. If you’re unsure of your deposit frequency or account number you can call the agency at 855-307-3893.
- Unemployment – Account Number and Tax rate. This can be found on a Tax Rate Notice or the Quarterly contribution report. If you’re unsure of your tax rate or account number, you can call the agency at 866-783-5567.
- Power of Attorney- POA is required, please obtain the prefilled form from your client service representative.
- Third Party Access – All clients are required to add permissions in order for us to file and pay taxes on your behalf to the Workforce Commission. Please review the Third Party Registration and/or Power of Attorney Instructions
Register a new company
Louisiana Department of Revenue
Employers can register online at http://www.rev.state.la.us/Businesses/BusinessRegistration. Once completed you will receive your account number.
Louisiana Workforce Commission
Register online at https://laors2.laworks.net/LaStarsRegistration. Select Begin Application at the bottom of the page to begin. You will receive your account number and rate immediately upon completion.
Third Party Registration and/or Power of Attorney Instructions
Power of Attorney
Please obtain the prefilled form from your client service representative.
Third Party Access
- Go to www.laworks.net
- Select “File Wages & Taxes”.
- Then select “Tax Services” .
- At the Login screen, enter your User Login ID and Password and click “Login.”
- Under Employer Services, select “Agent Maintenance” .
- You may be asked to enter the email address that was provided when the Login was created and cClick “Verify Email Address.” You can review and change your account information, including email address, by clicking “Update User Login.”
- Enter the agent access code provided to you by the agent and click “Confirm Agent Code.”
- Under “Agent Access” put checkmark(s) next to the function(s) you wish to grant access. Click “Confirm Agent & Assign Access.” Print “Agent Maintenance for the Employer Account” for your files.
- The agent is now able to perform those services for your account.
Confirmation emails will be sent to both the agent’s email address and employer’s email address on File.