Indiana Department of Revenue – Withholding Tax
Indiana Department of Workforce Development – Unemployment tax
Add to existing company setup
Submit a request to your service team to add IN (withholding) and/or INSUI (unemployment) to your company setup. Please include the below with your request:
- Withholding – Withholding account number and Deposit Frequency. If you’re unsure of your deposit frequency or account number you can call the agency at 317-233-4016.
- Unemployment – Account Number and Tax rate. This can be found on a Tax Rate Notice or the Quarterly contribution report. If you’re unsure of your tax rate or account number, you can call the agency at 800-437-9136.
- Power of Attorney- POA is required, please obtain the prefilled form from your client service representative.
- Third Party Access – All clients are required to add permissions in order for us to file and pay taxes on your behalf. Please review the Third Party Registration and/or Power of Attorney Instruction section below.
Register a new company
Indiana Department of Revenue
Employers can register using their INBiz account. Go to https://inbiz.in.gov/start-business/step-two/ scroll down and select Register Now icon located at the bottom of the page. Follow the online instructions. Once completed you will receive your account number within 2-3 days via mail.
Indiana Department of Workforce Development
Register online at https://uplink.in.gov/ESS/ESSLogon.htm and select new user. Select Employer on the next screen and complete the required information and follow the prompts. Once completed you will receive your account number.
Third Party Registration and/or Power of Attorney Instructions
Power of Attorney
Please obtain the prefilled form from your client service representative.
Third Party Access
Log into your account and follow the below steps:
- Select the Auth Level* from the drop down
- Select Profile View/Quarterly View.
- Read and accept the affirmation of responsibility
- Select “NEXT”
- Then select NEXT at the bottom of the screen
- Select the circle to the left of the Agent to be designated as the external account authorization
- A list of enrolled agents will populate in the Search Results section of the screen
- Select Search
- Type in the company name provided to you for the agent to be designated as the external account authorization
- Select ADD from the right side of the bar entitled External Account Authorizations (Agents)
- Then select Search next to the agent name box (do not attempt to type in this box)
- Select user maintenance from the menu on the left side of the screen